STEP 1: Complete the Application form
Complete, sign and send us the Application form and Accommodation form (if you require us to organise accommodation).
Please send us a copy of your passport details.
Please send us certified copies of your IELTS or TEOFL exam result (if applicable).
Before enrolling please read the English College of Adelaide Conditions of Enrolment and Refund Policy
STEP 2: Accept the Offer.
Once we receive your application, the English College of Adelaide will send you a “Letter of Offer” which also contains your course fees, payment dates, course dates and holiday dates.
Please check that all of the details on the Letter of Offer are correct.
To accept your offer:
- Complete the details of the acceptance agreement and sign.
- Transfer payment by Telegraphic Transfer, international bank draft or online banking in $AUD (Please put your name as reference on the payment transfer). Our bank account details are on the Letter of Offer
Please send your signed offer letter and payment to the English College of Adelaide.
STEP 3: Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) – for Student Visa students only.
- After we receive your signed Letter of Offer and payment we will issue you a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Please check that all details are correct.
STEP 4: Apply for a visa
- You will need a visa to study in Adelaide.
- On a Visitor Visa you can study up to 12 weeks, part-time or full-time.
- On a Working Holiday Visa you can study up to 17 weeks, part-time or full-time.
- On a Student Visa you can study from 6 weeks up to 48 weeks. Study must be full-time.
- For more information please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
Please contact your nearest Australian Embassy if you need to apply for a Student Visa. They will need to see your passport, Letter of Offer and Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) form.
STEP 5: Health Insurance
For students on a Student Visa:
- The Australian Government requires all international students to pay for health insurance in Australia through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. OSHC helps pay for medical care you may need whilst studying in Australia. Our College is able to organise OSHC for you. The cost of OSHC will be detailed on your Letter of Offer. You need evidence that you have OSHC before you apply for your Student Visa.
- Students must be aware that they must not arrive in Australia before the start of their health insurance.
For students on a Visitor or Working Holiday Visa:
- We strongly recommence that you arrange your own travel/health insurance in your home country before you come to Australia.
STEP 6: Accommodation Arrangement/Airport pickup arrangement
- If you require the English College of Adelaide to arrange accommodation for you, please complete and sign the Accommodation form and the Homestay/share accommodation agreement form and send this to us at least 6 weeks prior to your arrival.
- Please inform us of your flight details at least 4 weeks before departing your country and confirm if you require airport pickup.
STEP 7: Read the Pre-Departure Guide
- To make sure you are well prepared for your stay in Adelaide please make sure you read the Pre-Departure Guide for ECA
STEP 8: Prepare yourself to have an educational and enjoyable experience at our college where you will learn lots of English and meet lots of friends from around the world!!